Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pre-K & K5 Spanish

Who knew you could teach 5 year olds "How Great Thou Art" in Spanish and have fun in the process? I was dreading the thought of teaching something seemingly complicated.

I was excited to see that as I have been integrating movement and action in my class the students are soaking up the lessons and laughing all the way. Their faces light up as we recite verses in Spanish and use hand motions to act out the words.



Of course I look absolutely ridiculous but I guess that is what makes learning even more fun for them.
I think I might be getting a workout from these classes.

It is amazing that the students seem to prefer learning hymns to the unit studies even though the unit studies are FAR easier.

Students learn the colors, counting, greetings, the family, animals, foods, and stories but they beg to learn the old hymns!


No comments:

Post a Comment