Monday, March 22, 2010

Artic Murals



Artic Murals this mural was painted at Beacon Baptist Church for Vacation Bible School.
This winter wonderland includes:
Orcas, Whale, Penguins, Harp Seals, Polar Bears and a big happy Walrus. I had such a good time coming up with this mural concept.

My research:
Each animal was researched and I chose 3-4 of the cutest images for each animal.
I sketched the mountain scene and reviewed artic landscapes then chose colors.
I used paint swatches to make my final choices. I ended up with a monochromatic blue background which gave an extremely cool feeling.



I finalized my background sketches and scanned it into illustrator where I placed screen shots of the animal reference photos in the proper place. I used illustrator image to paint the scene.
The snowflakes were all unique and hand painted.



No comments:

Post a Comment