Friday, December 31, 2010

Photo Canvases

This year once again, we couldn't decide what to gift each other for Christmas so we decided to invest in creativity. I don't like to spend an arm and a leg for commercial art that is someone else's work.

So I went through our travel photos and chose two pieces Victor's work often surprises me as he has had no Art training yet in my opinion has a naturally creative mind, I am often downright shocked by his creative intuition. I have known artists that don't have a fraction of the creative discernment that Victor has. Victor often helps me out when I am  "stuck" on a project, his insights are remarkable I always hold his opinion in high regard.

This photo was my personal favorite of his work, he had so many pieces it was really hard to choose, I wish I could say the same about mine!  "The Thistle" was taken in North Carolina this trip was also a great memory as we had seen so many old friends and spent time with family and relaxed after a very busy season of life. Victor has a way of seeing value in the everyday his take on this thistle was quite unique.

 Mine is "The Sea Grape" 
The Sea Grape was taken on a lazy Saturday Victor and I hadn't done much all day but enjoy each others company and relax with Georgi on Jupiter Island. We went for a walk and I insisted that Victor bring the camera as he always says "man I wish I had my camera." So this is just a really great memory that we had of a lazy day together.




No comments:

Post a Comment