Friday, June 22, 2012

Interview with Edna Hibel

Today I had the amazing experience of being able to speak with the artist Edna Hibel and her son, she is 95 and mentally very sharp. It was amazing to be able to discuss art with a Leonardo Da Vinci award recipient and artist that holds 6 honorary doctorates.

We are so lucky to have a Hibel Museam here in South Florida on the campus of FAU it was intriguing to look through the art and memorabilia after reading the biography of the artist.
Hibel Museam at FAU



I was especially interested in the chinese painting, learning about her trip as the first artists to show in the PRC after the death of Chairman Mao.  The museum features a gorgeous painting of the artist's dear friend "Winnie" a Harvard grad who was a casualty of China's cultural revolution. I was also intrigued to learn about the artist's beginnings in Boston, this will definitely add to my trip this summer.

The interview has definitely made my research very interesting, I will be sure post more on this after my paper is complete if you are a local you will be interested to know that the artist will be making an appearance at her gallery in August. I will be sure to post more after I finish this research paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment