Saturday, October 2, 2010

Chinese Paper Cut


Last night's class was on Chinese papercut Art.
I started class by saying hello in chinese and talked about my chinese clothes. the class learned to say hello in chinese and we counted using the hand signals typically used for counting in China.

I brought in some of my papercuts that look very similar to the brightly colored one below.
I received an entire book of these beautiful paper cuts when I left china, the book was a gift from a fellow chinese teacher.

It is gorgeous and the students were amazed! 
I taught them to say the 4 tones and they thought that was really neat.



Each students was given an 8x8" black square and a 9x9" red square. We folded the black paper in 4 then cut excess from the unfolded side and made designs. 

If you want to see a HOW TO video on paper cutting this instructor is from China and has some fun videos. see the video from an interesting Chinese teacher:


You really have to see the video! 






No comments:

Post a Comment